- Holiday walking tour – December 10thDear UB1 members, The UB1 Social Committee would like to invite you to a low-touch holiday neighbourhood celebration on December 10th from 6:00pm to 7:00pm. The event will include a… Read more “News”
- Snow people of Clair CreekThe first major snow fall and the UB1 kids have been busy!
- Leaf collection update and “reverse” Santa Claus paradeLoose Leaf Collection Leaf collection in Upper Beechwood will start this Thursday. City staff will be working on Saturday this weekend to catch up from a break… Read more “News”
Upper Beechwood #1 members are fortunate to have a place where they can come together to play, to learn and to socialize with neighbours. Our members live on the following streets in Upper Beechwood that founded UB1:
- Alexmuir Place
- Amberwood Drive
- Ash Tree Place
- Branstone Drive
- Bushwood Court
- Clair Creek Blvd.
- Dovercliffe Place
- Kingsmill Court
- Wingrove Court
- Wyecroft Blvd
All swimming and tennis lessons, and access to all programs and facilities are included with the annual membership fee, which is due on May 15th each year.
A limited number of associate memberships are available for interested families who live outside the Upper Beechwood #1 boundary area to use the UB1 facilities and to have access to all programs. The associate membership annual fee is due on April 14th each year. To learn more about associate memberships, or to be considered for the associate membership waiting list, please contact the UB1 membership director at email@example.com.
UB1 is run entirely by a group of volunteers and pool staff. Please consider helping out for a few hours. We are looking for interested covenant and associate members to volunteer for the following activities:
- Community Clean Up: Each year in early May, members come together for a fun few hours to get the UB1 recreation centre spiffed up for the new season. The focus is on cleaning up the property, some gardening, and pruning to banish weeds and keep the vines at bay. Please bring gloves, gardening tools such as edgers, rakes, weeding tools, pruning shears and any spare garbage or paper yard bags. Thank you for volunteering!
- Tennis Courts upkeep: Keeping the tennis courts clean and weeded is a large job. The board is looking for volunteers to help with the upkeep. Please consider volunteering at the Community Clean up day to help tackle the weeds. A sign up sheet for members to volunteer to help with the weeding etc. on a weekly basis will be posted at the pool this summer. Please contact Tennis Director, Monica Heinrich, if you are able to help out.
- Pool Helpers: Members age 13 and over can request to volunteer with swimming lessons and events during the four sessions throughout the summer. This volunteer position requires a commitment to arrive on time and be available throughout the entire session. The pool staff love to get all the help they can. Contact Abby Saunders, pool manager, to learn more
Stay connected with the UB1 Facebook Page
2020 Board Executive
President – Monica Heinrich
Treasurer – Steve Bienkowski
Secretary – Beth McLay
Membership – Jenna Ferguson
Tennis – Art and Sue Winter
Pool – Jennifer Hamilton
Facilities – Matt Wells
Abby Saunders – Manager
Katie McLay – Assistant Manager
Pool Phone: 519-725-5385