- UB1 Hallowe’en Night ParadeInviting all UB1 kids to dress up and join the Hallowe’en (COVID-19 friendly) parade through the neighbourhood on Saturday, October 31st! The Social Committee has organized a low-touch Hallowe’en parade. Instead of… Read more “News”
- End of season thank youHello UB1 members, Mother Nature seems to agree today that it is time to close the gate on the 2020 pool season at UB1. And what a… Read more “News”
- Ice cream and yogaJust a reminder that the Ice Cream Truck will be circulating through the UB1 neighbourhood tomorrow night. There is still time to buy tickets! Please see below… Read more “News”
Upper Beechwood #1 members are fortunate to have a place where they can come together to play, to learn and to socialize with neighbours. Our members live on the following streets in Upper Beechwood that founded UB1:
- Alexmuir Place
- Amberwood Drive
- Ash Tree Place
- Branstone Drive
- Bushwood Court
- Clair Creek Blvd.
- Dovercliffe Place
- Kingsmill Court
- Wingrove Court
- Wyecroft Blvd
All swimming and tennis lessons, and access to all programs and facilities are included with the annual membership fee, which is due on May 15th each year.
A limited number of associate memberships are available for interested families who live outside the Upper Beechwood #1 boundary area to use the UB1 facilities and to have access to all programs. The associate membership annual fee is due on April 14th each year. To learn more about associate memberships, or to be considered for the associate membership waiting list, please contact the UB1 membership director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UB1 is run entirely by a group of volunteers and pool staff. Please consider helping out for a few hours. We are looking for interested covenant and associate members to volunteer for the following activities:
- Community Clean Up: Each year in early May, members come together for a fun few hours to get the UB1 recreation centre spiffed up for the new season. The focus is on cleaning up the property, some gardening, and pruning to banish weeds and keep the vines at bay. Please bring gloves, gardening tools such as edgers, rakes, weeding tools, pruning shears and any spare garbage or paper yard bags. Thank you for volunteering!
- Tennis Courts upkeep: Keeping the tennis courts clean and weeded is a large job. The board is looking for volunteers to help with the upkeep. Please consider volunteering at the Community Clean up day to help tackle the weeds. A sign up sheet for members to volunteer to help with the weeding etc. on a weekly basis will be posted at the pool this summer. Please contact Tennis Director, Monica Heinrich, if you are able to help out.
- Pool Helpers: Members age 13 and over can request to volunteer with swimming lessons and events during the four sessions throughout the summer. This volunteer position requires a commitment to arrive on time and be available throughout the entire session. The pool staff love to get all the help they can. Contact Abby Saunders, pool manager, to learn more
Stay connected with the UB1 Facebook Page
2020 Board Executive
President – Monica Heinrich
Treasurer – Steve Bienkowski
Secretary – Beth McLay
Membership – Jenna Ferguson
Tennis – Monica Heinrich
Pool – Jennifer Hamilton
Facilities – Matt Wells
Abby Saunders – Manager
Katie McLay – Assistant Manager
Pool Phone: 519-725-5385