Weekly lessons will run through July and August from 9-12 each morning. Lessons are capped at 14 children per class. To accommodate all interested juniors, sign up is for lessons every other week.
Junior tennis lesson sign up is at the same time as swim lesson sign up.
Lessons will be cancelled when it is raining or when the courts are wet.
Due to the many behavioural issues that have been reported by parents and the instructors over the last couple of years with the senior classes (ages 11+), UB1 will be implementing a Zero Tolerance policy. Disruptive kids will be asked to leave the class and parents will be contacted.
Private Tennis Lessons
Private individual or group (junior or adult) lessons can be arranged directly for a fee with UB1 tennis instructors.
2020 Tennis Instructors
Evi Zafiris – Head Instructor
Grady Simpson – Instructor
- Tennis or athletic shoes must be worn at all times on the court
- Please wait until play finishes on neighbouring court if you need to retrieve a ball or walk to your court
- Court reservations are limited to one hour per family per day if others are waiting
- Please use the weekly sign-up sheet available at the back of the court by the pool to reserve your time (can be done up to a week in advance)
- Reservations take precedence
- Guests are only allowed to play with members
- The courts are a wheel free zone unless required for mobility
- Pets are not allowed on the courts with the exception of service dogs
- Please take any garbage home with you
- Please lock the courts when finished play
- Pickleball paddles and balls can be borrowed from the pool office for a deposit
- Courts can be signed out for pickleball in the same way as tennis.