Dear UB1 members,
Please join us for a holiday walking tour around the UB1 neighbourhood to see all the lights and decorated houses. The event will take place on Thursday, December 10th from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and will include a contest for the best decorated house and a snowflake scavenger hunt. There will also be a special treat at the pool house for those who sign up. Non-perishable food and monetary donations will be collected for the Food Bank. More details are listed below.
There is also a special note at the end of the email from our pool manager, Abby Saunders, for those who are interested in working at the pool this summer.
Holiday walk – December 10th
- The UB1 holiday walk will take place on the Branstone-Clair Creek loop. Wingrove and Kingsmill Courts and the bottom half of Wyecroft have also been added and are worth the extra steps! Members can join the walk at any spot on the walk between 6:00pm and 7:00pm on December 10th. Please see the holiday walk map below. If you live on the holiday walk route, please remember to turn on your outdoor lights by 6:00pm!
- Submit your vote for your favourite decorated house via email to Amy Walbridge by Saturday, December 12th. Please include the house address. The winner will receive a yummy prize!
- Sign up by Wednesday, December 9th to pick up a special treat from local patisserie, Sabletine, at the pool house during the holiday walk. The treat bags are made possible due to a neighbourhood mini grant from the City of Waterloo. As there is a limited number of treat bags, they will be given out on a first-come, first served basis to the families who sign up.
- There is also a special snowflake scavenger hunt for the kids! Look for the snowflakes hidden in the yards of houses on the holiday walk (visible from the sidewalk). Count all the snowflakes you see and send your guess via email to Amy Walbridge.
- Please consider dropping off non- perishable food items at the pool house or donating money for the Food Bank at the pool house when you pick up your treat. Please see our special Food Bank donation page at https://www.thefoodbank.ca/upper-beechwood/. We hope to raise $500 for the Food Bank!
- UB1 members with a musical talent are invited to play for their neighbours (i.e., playing an instrument, singing a holiday song) either in their driveway on the walking tour loop or at a safe distance at the pool house.
- In keeping with the Regional and Provincial guidelines, we ask that you follow the directional arrows indicated on the map below, respect the social distancing rules and wear a mask to make this a fun, safe event.
- In the event that the current COVID situation changes (i.e., move from red zone to gray), we may have to make some modifications to this event. Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact Amy Walbridge with any questions. Happy holidays!
Interested in being a lifeguard/swim instructor at UB1 this summer?
We are now accepting applications for full-time and part-time lifeguard and swim instructor positions for Summer 2021. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 26th at 5pm to apply. We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible, and motivated lifeguards to add to our team. Candidates are required to hold a current National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid and CPR C, and Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor (or any other teaching certification). Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructor certification is an asset.
Please note that given the potential difficulty with getting certifications due to COVID-19, we will accept applications from candidates who do not have all of their certifications complete at this time but plan to do so before May 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you – Abby