Wow! We were so impressed with the turnout for the holiday walk on Thursday night. Over 80 families walked the UB1 streets and kept socially distanced to see the holiday lights and participate in the snowflake scavenger hunt. It was great to see such a good mix of members enjoying the evening, from the very young in strollers to the young at heart.
The winners were:
Snowflake scavenger hunt: The Markovic family
Most favourite decorated house: 570 Clair Creek
Runner up for favourite decorated house: 347 Wyecroft
These winners will receive a delicious gingerbread house from Sabletine.
A big thank you to:
- all the UB1 members who decorated their houses so beautifully. It was difficult to choose only one favourite house.
- everyone who made a monetary or non-perishable food item donation to the Food Bank. We raised just over $1,550 and 302lbs of food!
- “Buddy” the elf (aka Matt Wells, our Facilities Director) and his helpers for collecting the food and delivering it to the Food Bank.
- the City of Waterloo for providing a mini-grant to supply the treats and prizes from Sabletine Patisserie. The extra treat bags left over were distributed to grateful first responders, and
- the UB1 Social Committee who organized the fabulous event, headed by Amy Walbridge and her mighty team, Cindy Desbiens, Kathleen and Matt Wells, Jenn Balkos, Sarah Bester and Mary Evelyn Lather.
Please see below for a few pictures from the evening: