Dear UB1 members,
Happy first day of spring!
To celebrate this long-awaited season, the UB1 Social Committee has planned some wonderful socially-distanced events. Please see below for a list of events.
A big thank you to the many covenant and associate members who attended the UB1 AGM meeting on March 10th or who sent in their proxies. We achieved quorum and are excited to share the plans for the upcoming season. The Spring newsletter will be sent out in the next couple of weeks.
Spring Celebration Walk – April 2nd
- When? Friday, April 2nd from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Who? All UB1 members big and small
- Where? The UB1 parade route – same as the route used for the Hallowe’en and Christmas parades (see the map at the end of the email)
- What? Decorate your bikes, scooters, strollers, etc., and join us on an evening walk to greet neighbours and friends after a long winter. Feel free to wear Spring/Easter inspired attire to get in the mood! Those of you on the parade loop, we would love to see some Spring and Easter decorations! Vote for your favourite bike/scooter, etc by posting a picture on our Facebook site and “Like” the best ones! Please wear masks and practice social distancing.
Egg Decorating Online Class – April 3rd – please sign up
- When? Saturday, April 3rd from 10:00am to 11:00am. The class will be approximately 30-60 minutes in length.
- Who? Any UB1 member interested in spring crafts.
- Where? The class will be held using a virtual platform like Zoom. Please sign up and you will be sent the link.
- What? We will do three styles of decorated eggs:
- A tie dye egg with the coffee filters
- A decoupage egg using white school glue and torn pieces of tissue paper, and
- Sprinkled eggs using acrylic (or tempura) paints.
- What do I need?
- With more than one design hopefully people who may not have all materials needed will at least have what they need to make one of the designs.
- Tie Dye egg: Eggs, coffee filters, markers, elastics
- Decoupage egg: Eggs, coloured tissue paper, white glue, paint brush
- Sprinkled egg: Eggs, paint (acrylic or tempura), paint brush (preferable flat fine head)
Spring Night Sky Talk – April 13th
Led by Dr. Michel Fich, University of Waterloo Observatory
- When? Tuesday, April 13th at 6:30pm. The class will be approximately 30-60 minutes in length.
- Who? Any UB1 member interested in learning more about the stars
- Where? The class will be held via Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83136080467?pwd=cUoyNEltZXlIN2pBOFNhMElHUDV3UT09 Meeting ID: 831 3608 0467, Passcode: 062525
- What? Dr. Fich will lead us through what constellations to look for in the Spring night sky.
Neighbourhood Clean Up – May 2nd
- When? Sunday, May 2nd
- Who? All UB1 members
- Where? The UB1 neighbourhood
- What? Grab a garbage bag, or two, and go on a beautifying walk around the neighborhood! Pick up as much trash as you can. Post pictures of your haul on our Facebook page and win a prize for the most garbage collected!
Perennial Sale – May 24th
- When? Monday, May 24th
- What? Need to split or clean-up your garden? Consider donating your extra perennials to the First Annual Perennial Sale! Proceeds will go to this year’s charity (TBA). More information to follow.
Spring Walk Map – April 2nd
If you have any questions, please contact the head of the UB1 social committee, Amy Walbridge.
We look forward to seeing you at these events. Enjoy the sunny weekend!